Main Page: Data as a Second Language®
The mission of Data as a Second Language® is to facilitate comprehension of the terminology of data and promote data literacy. To support this mission, Data as a Second Language® serves as a collaborative knowledge base to collect and share educational information about the terms and phrases with which we define and discuss the topics and technologies of data.
The vocabulary of data continues to grow in the era of Open Data, Linked Data, Big Data, etc., so all of us will benefit if we work together to improve our individual and collective data literacy. Semantic MediaWiki provides the collaborative tools to create, edit, organize, search, and analyze profiles of terms and phrases (example) and resources with which we can learn more about them:
- articles, blog entries, editorials, essays, graphics, interviews, and other content (example),
- books (example),
- websites and blogs (example),
- videos (example),
- audio and podcasts (example),
- PDF documents (example),
- databases and repositories (example),
- periodicals, newsletters, journals, and similar publications (example),
- applications (example), and
- organizations (example).
- Those collaborative tools include properties, templates, forms, and categories. Law as a Second Language® collects resources about these collaborative tools and other topics and technologies under the category How to use this wiki.
- To register as a user, send a brief introductory message by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Registration of User" as the subject.